Dr. Atousa Faraz
My name is Dr. Atousa Faraz, ND and I have been a Naturopathic Doctor since 2007. I grew up in Willowdale, Toronto and I always knew that I wanted to pursue a career in healthcare.
As a high school student I was always good in math and science. I had a particular interest in becoming a pharmacist and that is why I completed my Bachelor of Science Specialized Honours Degree with a Major in Chemistry from York University. During my undergrad years I worked as a pharmacist assistant and discovered that the field of pharmacy wasn’t for me. I wanted to be more involved in my patients’ care and treatment regiments. This is why I switched my path and went to the Canadian College of Naturopathic medicine instead.
Over the years since my graduation as an ND I have taken hundreds of hours of continuing education in order to stay up to date with my professional knowledge.
My focus is general family naturopathic practice where all patients are welcome. I am committed to helping individuals improve their health and wellbeing.
My intentions as a Naturopathic doctor are not to take you off of your prescription medications or pressure you to not follow your doctor’s advice. I believe in collaborating with your medical doctor and other health care professionals in your circle of care. I am passionate about naturopathic medicine and in helping you meet your health goals. I will also take a thorough medical history and perform a screening physical examination if necessary and when indicated.
A few of the services that I offer are:
- Pre and post In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) embryo transfer acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Intra Uterine Insemination procedure (IUI)
- Dietary plan, supplement review and nutrition advice
- Weight loss and weight management support
- Acupuncture and cupping for pain management
- Medical laboratory testing via blood and urine through Life-labs
- IgG food panel testing for food sensitivity and digestive problems
The following are a few examples of conditions in which I have experience in helping patients:
- Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Digestive issues such as IBS, Indigestion, Heartburn and Crohns
- Women’s health
- Joint and muscle pain
I look forward to meeting you. Let me help guide you in your path to wellness today.